Random Post

Translate

Monday 24 June 2013

What madness is this?


What is life? A combination of days, weeks and months or a compilation of different unconnected events? I hate to think of life in those terms. Does life have a fixed outcome or is it subject to variability? Should one live his life as a playback of another person's life? Is the outcome of life predictable or can it be likened to a suspense movie where the next scene cannot be predicted? These and many more I’ll love to ask. If life is something that is meant to be lived just as a train is designed to ply rail and an aircraft is created to ply the atmosphere, then it makes no sense to me. If life is subject to variability, why then do majority of people frown at lives different from what they have termed ‘normal’? Why is everyone expected to achieve the same thing if life is to be lived separately? Why does the society frown at those who do not follow the steps of others who have found success? Is there just one path to success? By the way, whoever has been able to define success? Why should one man’s idea be impressed on thousand others? Why not give each member of the society a chance to discover or plan for him or herself how he/she intends to achieve what he/she thinks is important to him/her? Why build pressure on young people?

It is so evident that most youths today are confused and weary simply because they are living the life of another person. They don’t have a chance to show what they've got just because the society thinks they’ll fail. Who is the society to shape the life of a youngster? What does the society know about life or how to achieve personal success? What does the society know about an individual’s potentials, talents, likes and dislikes? Everybody look alike to ‘society’. Everybody is the same person to ‘society’. That explains why it tends to squeeze everyone into one single huge mould. Why should this madness continue? Who says there are no other ways to achieve one’s dream except by plying the worn out path of men? Whatever happened to creativity? Whatever happened to diversity of thought? Whatever happened to meditation? Everyone is confused and would rather follow the worn out path of men than think about new paths.
I believe in weirdness. I believe in variability. I believe in diversity. I encourage those who think out of the box. I hail those who go out of the normal to do ‘abnormal’ but right things. Why should we live same lives when in reality we are not the same? Why should our lives turn out the same way when our compositions are different? Little wonder why majority of people can’t explain what their life is like while a microscopic few find meaning and satisfaction in life.
I am nursing a thought now and I already expect rejection from ‘society’. I know that a bulk of those who care about me will frown at the idea I am having right now. Tell me, why I should waste 6 years of my life learning what can not carry across my present location? Tell me why you think school offers the only way to success. Tell me why you think whoever is not ‘schooled’ (I didn’t say ‘educated’) cannot find satisfaction in life. Tell me why I should live my life as if my future is subject to an institution, however important the society places such institution. No one has a secret ingredient for success. It lies in everyone and will come forth without struggle if we provide a fitting environment for it. When you give society the opportunity to chart the course of your life using its frail and diseased knowledge of what success is, you open yourself to the possibility of irrelevance and insecurity throughout whatever you will eventually call ‘your life’.
What is this madness I see around me? People deny their gifts and talents all because of fame, wealth and power. Who made wealth life’s priority? Parents crave for social prestige at the expense of their children’s future happiness and satisfaction; therefore they carve their children’s path to suite their devilish desires. Of course, I say devilish because these children grow up to become very incompetent, frustrated and insecure, secretly cursing their parents for the hard life they have been ushered into. Who says a young person cannot find his own way in life? Who says he must be guided until he is 50 (just kidding!)? It is very funny and disheartening to discover the secret hurts of many whom we assume to have found meaning to life. They loathe life so much that they wish they had been allowed to chart their life’s course themselves. A youth left to himself will bring himself to destruction, you would say, but tell me, what have youths guided by ‘society’ and ‘confused parents’ done with their lives in spite of the ‘guidance’ they received? Abeg free me jooorrrrr!!!!!

Contact me @ soaringeagle4life@gmail.com or +2348130207064

0 comments:

Post a Comment